Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY greenhouse for my orchids

jdurik
Growing in Experience

DIY greenhouse for my orchids

Final Greenhouse with all the happy orchidsFinal Greenhouse with all the happy orchids

This DIY project started with my husband wanting a special place for my favourite flowers orchids. 

We began brainstorming areas of our backyard that is suitable for my variety, when we came across the idea of a greenhouse.

We visited many stores like Bunnings, Costco, FLowerPower, etc. to look at pre-built options when we realised it would be a fun although challenging project if we did it ourselves.

My husband was set on the idea for us to take on this challenge, we found a perfect spot, started sketching proposals and began taking down measurements, began buying all the raw materials from our local Bunnings and got to work.

Once it was all built, i came in to paint and add all the finishing touches like finally putting all my orchids in their new home.

Overall, we are thrilled with the outcome and is definitely something we like showing people who visit our home.

Take a Look!!

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.08.20 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.05.50 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.05.56 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.06.41 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.06.28 pm.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY greenhouse for my orchids

Hello @jdurik

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your greenhouse project.

What a wonderful greenhouse you've built. It's great that you've decided to build this from scratch as often most greenhouses are of a specific size and shape. The best part of a custom build is that it fits exactly into the space that you have and you can modify it endlessly. Can you please tell us the overall size of the structure?

Putting in some shade cloth is a good idea as it protects your lovely orchids from harsh weather. I suspect that this greenhouse will soon be overflowing with beautiful plants and orchids.

Again, thank you for sharing your greenhouse project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jdurik
Growing in Experience

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your appreciation and kind comments.

Let me send you the overall size of the structure tomorrow as we're been away and just come back today.

I hope you understand.

Regards,

jdurik

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jdurik

I hope your time away has rejuvenated you for more D.I.Y. There is no need to rush on the measurements, please take your time. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jdurik
Growing in Experience

Hi Eric,

Please see the measurements below as requested.

Front Height - 2.1m

Back Height - 1.8m

Width - 2.4m

Depth - 1.6m

I hope these help and have a nice weekend.

Regards,

jdurik

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects