Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden planter stand

JI
Cultivating a Following

Garden planter stand

I have been slowly building a collection of succulents. I asked hubby to make me a simple stand, maybe with pallet wood and some sleepers. He ended making me an awesome 3 tiered stand. It took 2 sleepers, 12 fence pailings, appropriate screws, and finished with a coat of varnish. 

Photos of stand with and without plants. Terracotta pots are also from bunnings.

20210102_110319.jpg

20201212_165535.jpg

Community Manager's note: Inspired by this fantastic project, our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc has provided a step-by-step guide to building your own tiered plant stand. We look forward to seeing your own creations.   

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Garden planter stand

Thanks for that info too. Maybe your next one (& mine) could be mounted on wheels to take care of that need? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations again to @JI for creating this popular project.

Inspired by this creation, our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc has provided a step-by-step guide to building your own tiered plant stand.

We look forward to seeing your own versions. Please let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Manz
Growing in Experience

Hi JI 

Lucky you this is awesome I love succulents and it is great to have somewhere to display them.

stewiesnr
Having an Impact

have you looked at putting wheels on to make it a little easier to move, plenty of choices at Bunnings

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great suggestion @stewiesnr! Something like the Move It 75mm PVC Castor - 4 Pack should work quite well. Even the Move It 16mm 20kg Black Fixed Plate Castor - 4 Pack could work with less impact on the overall aesthetics.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tyro
Becoming a Leader

@JI, you are very lucky to be spoiled so well!  Your plant stand is lovely!  When you send him out to the doghouse I'd like to borrow him so he can make some for me! 🤣

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects