Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grass growing in garden bed

JMenz
Just Starting Out

Grass growing in garden bed

I have a couple of garden beds that are being completely overrun with grass. I have tried poisoning it and while it kills the grass in there at the time, it isn't long before more grows in its place. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the grass and keep it away?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Grass growing in garden

Is it coming from next door @JMenz? We have that situation on one of our garden beds on the site of our house and unfortunately we just have to keep putting it out by hand. 

Welcome to the Workshop community. I hope some of our helpful members have some better suggestions for you. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JMenz
Just Starting Out

Thanks Jason. I don't think it is coming from our neighbours yard, I actually think it may have originally been from our grass being overgrown around the garden beds. We mulched the gardens and since then it seems to have just gotten out of control.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Noelle,

Would you happen to have any advice for @JMenz about how to prevent grass from growing in their garden bed?

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects