Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fix my jade plant?

yumnaqazi
Growing in Experience

How do I fix my jade plant?

16320547233541537507755265519934.jpg

hello everyone! 

Hope everyone is doing fine. My jade plant hasn't been doing too well. And im really worried now because the leaves have lost all their charm. And their wrinkled i tried to put them in a better spot to get more sunlight . I even tried to water it more now someone's suggested I try repotting it and in a bigger pot. I was wondering how do I go on about that. What sort of mix do I need etc. For what I know so far I need all purpose and cacti or succulent mix and perlite ? Let me know ASAP. 

Nursie64
Finding My Feet

Re: how do I fix my jade plant?

Hi there...  possibly you need to give this plant more shade than sun... I live in Brisbane though..  doesn't need alot of water just once a week. Reporting might help too.... does the pot have a hole in the bottom as otherwise it could be too soggy.... goodluck

Michelle

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fix my jade plant?

Hello @yumnaqazi

Thank you for sharing your question about your Jade plant.

The Jade plant, also known as the lucky plant, money plant, or Crassula ovata si is a succulent indoor plantIn nature, jade plants store water in their leaves, which allows the plants to survive dry periods. The leaves of a well-hydrated Jade are plump, while thin, wrinkled Jade leaves are a good sign that the plant needs water. However, overwatered Jade plants also produce the same symptoms.

I suggest checking the soil by pushing your finger into the top and see if it is waterlogged, damp, or wet. If it is, check to see if the pot is getting good drainage. If you are planning on re-potting the Jade, I recommend using Scotts Osmocote 25L Cacti & Succulent Premium Potting Mix. Using regular potting mix will not drain well enough for Jade plants.

Looking at the photo you posted, it seems that the plant is still in good condition and the leaves have not turned yellow. Keep it in its current location away from direct sunlight until the leaves look a little better.

Here is a handy guide: How to grow, care for and propagate jade plants

Let me tag our experienced members @Noelle and @Adam_W for their recommendations.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yumnaqazi
Growing in Experience

Thankyou so much Eric. 

yumnaqazi
Growing in Experience

Thankyou! 

Hi @yumnaqazi yes, just really as was said by @Nursie64 I reckon a bit more light & make sure it's not staying too week. Succulents hate wet feet & that reactions sounds typical of that.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Nursie64 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your knowledge about Jade plants.

Let me tag @yumnaqazi's so that they are made aware of your suggestions. I agree with your recommendation of less sun and possibly re-poting the Jade to give it a fresh start. Are you currently doing any projects at your home? Please don't hesitate to post them. Our members would be more than happy to provide advice and information should you need it. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yumnaqazi
Growing in Experience

Will get my potting mix in a few days will definitely update how its doing then. But really appreciate the help 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects