Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I transform an area from weed patch to manageable garden?

Radish
Growing in Experience

How do I transform an area from weed patch to manageable garden?

We are an elderly couple who live in a seaside area - our back garden is sandy soil, full sun and watered regularly.    Part of this garden used to be used to grow tomatoes but we now want to plant maybe a flowering shrub to screen the fence and something hardy and easy to manage for the rest of the area to stop the weeds taking over.   The area involved is approximately 7' x 8'.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.   I don't know how to add a photo.    Thank you.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I transform an area from weed patch to manageable garden?

Hi @Radish

We finally got those photos up. It's great that you've received fantastic advice from @BradN. We would love some before and after photos of your garden once you've planted your new plants.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Radish
Growing in Experience

Re: How do I transform an area from weed patch to manageable garden?

Thank you Eric & thank you Brad - I've certainly had some helpful information & once I get it all sorted I'll have another attempt at sending photos.   It's great to have a forum like this to be able to ask for information and get so much help.   thank you once again.

Radish

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects