Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get flowers on my bat plant?

SheriG
Growing in Experience

How to get flowers on my bat plant?

my bat plant had only flowered once in 6 years..... it has plenty of large bright green leaves, planted in a large terracotta pot in the shade.

38E4062E-AFCE-455A-A8F3-8282AD5A1035.jpeg

my bat plant has only flowered once in 6 years.....it is under the terrace roof in the shade.... plenty of healthy green leaves but no flowers.....

BradN
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to get flowers on my bat plant?

Hi @SheriG .  What a spectacular result! You must be thrilled. I really want my own bat plant now. I've bumped up the size of your photograph because it really deserves to be seen.

Did you do some reading about Epsom salts? Just googling them now it seems as though your plant might have needed the magnesium to help it absorb the other nutrients it needed to flower. Fascinating.

Brad

SheriG
Growing in Experience

Thanks Brad….no I didn’t google Epsom salts….I have used it in the past on flowering plants but I haven’t noticed any real improvement ….but I thought why not, give it a go I didn’t think it would hurt the plant….there are 3 plants in this large pot but only one flowered….😄 the other 2 are much smaller…….😘

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Sensational results @SheriG! You must be so pleased; the flowers are stunning!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects