Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make timber retaining edging?

Dev
Just Starting Out

How to make timber retaining edging?

How to make timber retaining edging for almost 17 meter straight long and which timber is best for outdoor to buy? I want to install irrigation system as well, Please help to choose as I want to do by myself.

Thanks a lot

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to make timber retaining edging?

Welcome to the Workshop community @Dev. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

We have a great range of treated pine sleepers which you can use to make retaining edging. There is also a system of simple to use sleeper pegs which hold the edging in place keeping it straight. 

If you wanted a less impactful retaining edging than the sleepers, I can suggest the 100 x 25mm 2.4m H4 Treated Sawn Pine.

You might like to take a look at @Adam_W's tutorial on How to build a retaining wall which you should find helpful.

For your irrigation system, this D.I.Y. step-by-step tutorial on How to plan garden irrigation will assist. What did you want to irrigate? Garden beds, trees, the lawn? If there are any specific requirements for your home's system, I'd be happy to give instructions on how to position and install those.

If you have further questions about the timber edging or irrigation systems, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects