Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to program gardena watering master

gdblue1
Just Starting Out

How to program gardena watering master

Can you program the Gardena water master 1892 to water more than once a day for some of the irrigation lines

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to program gardena watering master

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @gdblue1. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

The GARDENA Master Water Computer has a single outlet which all the irrigation lines connect to. It is capable of six watering cycles per day with a duration of between one minute to four hours. Since all the irrigation lines connect to a single outlet, it is not possible to only have some of the lines watering more than once a day. 

When the GARDENA Master Water Computer is used with the GARDENA Automatic Water Distributor, up to 6 different connecting lines can be individually programmed for their own specific runtimes, multiple times a day. This would be an option if you wish to add additional lines in the future.

I believe the best product to serve your current needs would be the GARDENA MultiControl Duo Water Computer. It has two separate outlets which can run multiple lines. The two outlets can either have the same watering schedule or one set can be set to run your multiple cycle requirements.

Please let me know if you need further help or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Mitchell

Thank you for the response we are going to use the Gardena Master water computer with the Gardena Automatic water distributer. I can work out how to do a single watering time and duration for each of the six lines. But not how to make some of the lines water more than once a day. It should be possible based on product/s descriptions. But I can't find anything that tells me how to do more than one time and duration for any single line. If we can't do the multiple times for each of the six  lines we will need to find another product in which case is there one that will do what I want?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @gdblue1,

I've checked with Gardena and to use the water distributer in that fashion, you would use port 1 for the standard cycle and then connect port 2 and 3 together. You would program port 2 to come on once a day and port 3 to also come on once a day. That way the garden on those two connected ports gets two cycles a day. You can not schedule a single port to run twice a day.

They also confirmed that the GARDENA MultiControl Duo Water Computer would be suitable. Program one side to run once a day and the other side to run every 12 hours giving you your two waterings per day.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Did you need further assistance with connecting your Gardena products @gdblue1?

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you would like more help.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects