Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop my Ozito 18V chainsaw from stopping?

fordpatrol
Finding My Feet

How to stop my Ozito 18V chainsaw from stopping?

It worked well for a couple of battery changes then today, it runs but soon stops mid cut.

Battery is fully charged, under the cover is not clogged, the safety brake not on, chain is tensioned correctly. Change to another fully charged battery does not help.

Eventually, sometimes it starts again. Very frustrating. Have taken it back to Bunnings, they mucked around with for 20 minutes & it started again. They gave it back to me & said all fixed, I asked what was wrong with it, they had no idea. Told to go & use it. Got home used it to cut 2 logs & it stopped again.

What is going on?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I stop my Ozito 18V chainsaw from stopping for no reason.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @fordpatrol

I apologise that you are still experiencing issues with your Ozito chainsaw. From your description, it's difficult to determine what the issue could be, but it sounds like the team member you spoke to was confident they had resolved the issue with the machine. In situations like these, we'd typically swap the machine over if there was an intermittent fault. I'd suggest returning to the store and letting them know that the issue was not resolved and that you'd like the chainsaw swapped as per your warranty conditions.

Please let me know if you have any issues with swapping the unit over.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How do I stop my Ozito 18V chainsaw from stopping for no reason.

I was surprised too that he tried to fix it, & then when it magically started working he sent me on my way.

Anyway after ruminating over the problem the only reason I could see was a loose wire that sometimes made a connection, in the motor or in the brake.

So I took the cover off & immediately found the main armature wire had broken off at the solder joint.

I took it into another store & the girl there didn't even care what the problem was, just gave me a new chainsaw.

So, I now have a new chainsaw & it works every time I pick it up.

brendawebster44
Making a Splash

Re: How to stop my Ozito 18V chainsaw from stopping?

Hello, first check all battery connections are clean. If however it still does not start ask Bunnings for a refund and get a petrol saw. Bunnings will always honour your order which is why I love them.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects