Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat white and brown spots on potted vegetables?

ELee
Getting Established

How to treat white and brown spots on potted vegetables?

hi - I am hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of what’s going wrong in my balcony garden (potted veg in normal and composta (pots with built in worm farm) pots).

My last crop of lettuce developed the marks seen below. They were grown from seed so I wanted to test if it was an issue with the seed but seedlings I planted developed the same issue within a week of being planted in the same pots.

I also added a mini cucumber and some pot friendly eggplants at the same time, and they have concurrently developed white spots on their leaves as well over the same timeframe. I notice my parsley is now also developing some discolouration. Interestingly the tomato and kale planted alongside are presently unaffected.

What is going on with my plants?

what can I do to treat them?

thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me!

CucumberCucumber

Lettuce with brown marksLettuce with brown marksEggplant with white and brown spotsEggplant with white and brown spotsParsley now developing white marksParsley now developing white marks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: white and brown spots on potted vegetables

Hello @ELee 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Noelle and @mich1972. Please keep us updated with your progress, if you run into any other issues, please let us know.

Eric 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects