Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is my plant dying?

Toiter
Just Starting Out

Is my plant dying?

Hi,

I have this plant in my bathroom. Its leaves have been increasingly browning off. It has been OK in here for a couple of months but I am worried. The bathroom gets filtered light and I give it about half a cup of water each week. The pot has a hole which fills the bottom plate. The soil feels slightly moist. 20240315_145502.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is my plant dying?

Hello @Toiter 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your plant.

The browning tips of the leaves is often an indicator that the plant is not getting enough water or is getting too much water. Another reason is that the soil could be out of nutrients and needs to be fertilized. It might also need a top up.

I propose bringing your plant outside for some fresh air but not in direct sunlight. If the soil is too dry perhaps you need to increase your water regimen. Once you've applied the changes to your plant just keep an eye out for any changes to its health.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects