Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is this Gardenia?

projectmumdanni
Making a Splash

Is this Gardenia?

Hi everyone..just wondering if this plant is Gardenia? I want to plant more along fence line.

20211126_145859.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is this Gardenia?

Hello @projectmumdanni

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about what kind of plant do you have along your fence line.

That plant on your fence line is Star Jasmine. You can identify it by the way its flower petals come out in a radial style and how its leaves are satin shiny. Star jasmine is a fast-growing vine when planted in full sun. It will quickly climb up a fence or wired fence, making it a great choice for a privacy screen. Its stems anchor themselves to structures and move upward quickly. Encourage vines to climb up your fence by twirling the young vines around the wires.

Here is a handy guide: How to grow, prune and propagate jasmine

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for your response Eric. Have located more at my local bunnings and once this heavy rain holds up I can plant.

projectmumdanni
Making a Splash

20211212_182048.jpg

 finally got to plant 2..fingers crossed I don't kill them lol

Thanks for coming back to share @projectmumdanni. We believe in you! Please keep us updated along the way with the growth.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects