Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for recommendations on perennials to grow in Victoria

vng
Getting Established

Looking for recommendations on perennials to grow in Victoria

Looking for recommendations on perennials to grow in Victoria from seed or plant and the right season to plant it.

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for recommendations on perennials to grow [ in Victoria ]

Hi @vng,

You can't go wrong with some robust perennials like Lavender, Kangaroo Paw, and Salvia. Lavender thrives in well-drained soil and full sunlight, best planted in late spring or early autumn. Kangaroo Paw, known for vibrant, bird-attracting flowers, should be planted in spring or early summer. Salvia, available in various colours, is easy to grow, prefers well-drained soil and is suitable for spring or autumn planting. For a native touch, Kangaroo Apple and Grevillea are excellent choices, while Kangaroo Grass and Dianella offer unique grass-like features. Ensure you plant during the recommended seasons and tailor care to your garden's specific conditions.

There are plenty of other choices and I'd suggest you have a word with a helpful Nursery team member at your local store. They'll be particularly knowledgeable about your local climate, and I trust they'll also have some great suggestions for you. Also, if you take a look at the plants your local Bunnings nursery is stocking, they've been tailored to your region, so you'll know they are great choices for your garden.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects