Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Name the plant

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Name the plant

nametheplant1.jpgHi everyone, 

Workshop member @tetris36 has suggested a new game - name that plant.

He's also supplied the first photo for the game. Can you name this plant? 

Feel free to also post your pictures in the discussion below for the community to try to identify - whether you know its name or not!.

Good luck,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: Name the plant

That looks like zucchini. 

tetris36
Growing in Experience

Hi Isobel

I'm not certain what it is, but I'm pretty certain its not zucchini. The leaves look very similar and I thought it was zucchini when it was a bud, but then it started to grow a long thin vine. Unless its a type of zucchini I haven't seen before.

greygardener
Becoming a Leader

It looks like a pumpkin so probably shouldn't be trained up lattice. 

I'm with @greygardener, Pumpkin. 

Thanks for your replies

OK, I asked around the family this morn & one thought pumpkin so that's now three votes for pumpkin. Great! Hope I get a few over the winter.

Thx greygardener, I took it off the lattice. It can play creepy crawlies on the ground for a while.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks like the consensus is pumpkin! Hopefully you'll be making pumpkin soup soon @tetris36.

Anyone got any plants in their backyard that they want identified? Or do you grow something exotic and want to try to stump the Workshop community? Post a picture below.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I've got one - we spied this in one of our neighbours' gardens and would like to plant something similar as a hedge around our deck. Any ideas what it is?mystery plant.JPG

Confident that is Westringia - a native. It is fast growing and easy to look after. It will only grow to about a metre. 

snichols
Building a Reputation

Was pleased to see this yesterday as my neighbour has a tree growing right on our fenceline which I'm worried about. It's grown very quickly and is next to our driveway, so I don't want the roots to cause or it constantly dropping leaves and branches on our cars. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks, 

Sarah

Tree.JPG 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects