Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Native bee and pollinator house

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Native bee and pollinator house

Have you got any Australian Native trees or shrubs growing in your garden that needs a prune ? If they are reasonably thick branches , chop up a branch , drill holes in them and make your own Native Bee and Pollinator House !! 🐝🐝 Get a terracotta pot and fill it up, pack it tight so nothing falls out. Before you do that, get yourself some Sisal and braid it. Thread it through the drainage hole to make your hanger. When you have finished it , hang under a shady tree or somewhere protected by the rain. Enjoy 🐝🐝

112610B5-5CBA-44A4-8921-FECE45A8ED6D.jpeg

51B6E1F1-5173-4B53-9534-7D73D5DCEE3A.jpeg

6BB42A43-B79C-4A73-AEC3-0849EFE8EE5A.jpeg

A98377F5-C2C6-4605-BD4B-500539653410.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Native Bee and Pollinator House

Great stuff @mich1972,

Fantastic to see you share your first project with the Workshop community. I'm sure many members will be inspired by your creation. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you have something to share or need a hand with anything.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

its good isnt it, we have 2 honeybee hives and a couple of native hives and they work our property well
Moose
Growing in Experience

That's so great! I've been wanting to do a bee/insect home for ages but they're all so big that it has been a bit off putting. This one is nice and quick. 
Thank you for sharing.

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Thank You 😊🐝 I love them like this. Nice and natural. I love our Native Bees just as much as our Honey Bees 🐝 

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@mich1972 Fantastic!! 😃😃😃

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Oh look anything to raise Bee Awareness and look after these hard workers !! 🐝🐝

Thank You 🐝🐝🐝

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Native Bee and Pollinator Houses , beautiful and creative.

Raising Bee Awareness , a Group Of Ladies had a great time creating and making their own Native Bee and Pollinator Houses for their gardens 🐝🐝 and so easy to make 😊🐝

31E56009-9620-44B4-8597-03A150924A75.jpeg

1AD40E05-8FDD-40B7-B805-6F22F10116FE.jpeg

09823D2A-2153-4AF4-AE4A-24F5C2F1DCDC.jpeg

49F84CF3-C74B-4DBD-9FC8-4921842C0875.jpeg

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Native bee and pollinator house

Hi Workshop Community Friends !!! I just wanted to share with you all that it is World Bee Day on Thursday 20th May. 

Why not make an Australian Native Bee House and plant some Australian Native plants to encourage them into your garden 🐝💛🖤

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects