Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need ideas for plants for garden bed

luisa
Growing in Experience

Need ideas for plants for garden bed

Hello 👋🏻,
Looking for some ideas of what plants to add into our new garden bed.
The wall under the window gets partial sun , the one under the white fence gets full sun .thanks !

IMG_5710.jpeg

luisa
Growing in Experience

Re: Need ideas for plants for garden bed

Thank you mich1972 

the width is about 80cm . The height of the wall is 45cm on the left and 60cm on the right .  Have decided not to have a veggie garden . Only plants .

IMG_5923.jpeg

luisa
Growing in Experience

IMG_5879.jpeg

We have decided not to have veggies/fruit . Wonder if something like this or similar will look work  there ? What would be the name of those plants? 

For the wall the width is about 80cm . The height of the wall is 45cm on the left and 60cm on the right. 

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning @luisa  thank you so much for the extra pictures it makes it easier to see what we are looking at 😊 so the space is still quite narrow and shallow so you would not want to put anything too large in there. 
The picture looks like Little Gem Magnolia’s but I could be mistaken. They may be ok if they are spread out as they need space to grow and also room for the root system. 
I was also thinking about the Lilly Pilly - Straight and Narrow would be good too. 

luisa
Growing in Experience

Thank you @mich1972, what would you suggest with the Lilly pilli as a front row ? 

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

@luisa 

The Lilly Pilly would truly fill up that narrow space so I’m not sure I would put anything else in.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects