Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need your grass recommendations

davehutchy
Cultivating a Following

Need your grass recommendations

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking about putting some turf down in an area of the backyard that's always been pretty worn/patchy and full of weeds. Kids are getting big now so I should be able to keep them off it for a while and get the grass established. (And hopefully the dog too....) I'm in NSW and the backyard gets plenty of morning sun and some in the afternoon. What turf would you recommend?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dave

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need your grass recommendations

@davehutchy

Do you know what type of soil you have? It might help the community give you a recommendation. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

The neighbours across the road just put in Sir Walter buffalo. They got it professionally laid. It looks brilliant now, but I guess the test is what it looks like at the end of summer. They chose it because it is supposed to look great all year around. 

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

@davehutchy

G'day Dave, 

Being in WA we put down Sir Walter and it has been everything that is expected.  Unfortunately, you can overwater and it will turn a bit off colour during seasons.  I would recomend checking with local grass/turf farms for more information in your local area.

Cheers'n'beers

Daryl

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

beware.png

Concrete is your friend.

Yates has free horticulturalists to help with grass questions
https://www.yates.com.au/
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing some advice @mrbean. It's great to have you as one of our new community members. Let me extend a very warm welcome. I hope you find plenty of useful information, advice and inspiration from other members of the community.

I look forward to reading about your projects and plans. Please post whenever you need a hand or have something to share.

Jason

Jason73
Just Starting Out

Have a look at a variety called Tiff Toff

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Jason73. And let me extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. We're pleased you could join us and hope you receive plenty of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects from our community members. Please post whenever you need a hand or have something to share.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects