Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New water feature!

Adam_W
Workshop Legend

New water feature!

Fiiiinalllyyyy... finished my new water feature. 
I'll get a video made soon so will share the link.
Wha-da-ya-rekun? I'm pretty darn happy with it.

AHW26852.jpg

IMG_7121.jpg

BeforeBefore

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New water feature!

Looks fantastic @Adam_W. Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the video and reading more about how community members can replicate the project as it looks fantastic. 

We have featured your great work on the Project Gallery.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Looks good, Adam!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Adam_W,

That looks fantastic! I am really keen to build something similar to this in my own back yard. I love the sound of running water when relaxing and think it makes a beautiful feature.

Well done.

Mitchell

Thanks @MitchellMc and yes... something so soothing about the sound. You'll notice the height & top-plate? I designed & built this so you can just sit & chill :smile:

BillHarris
Finding My Feet

Looks great Adam!

Can't wait for the video. If not in the video can you tell me:

Do you use any chemicals or natural solutions to keep the water bug-free?

I noticed the schmick looking corners on the base - what are they?

Aussie-Garden
Becoming a Leader

Outstanding @Adam_W👍

This is something on my to do list. Would love to hear the sound of the water from my alfresco.

Also keen to see the video and as an ex photographer, I like the long exposure shot with the water in the second photo.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @BillHarris. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Let me mention @Adam_W so he is alerted to you kind feedback and hopefully can answer your questions.

We do have a range of products for keeping your pond water sparkling clean. This includes the Aquapro 35g Bionatural Algae Block With Mosquito Repellent Pond Feature which is a natural solution to keep the water mosquito-free.

I know Adam uses the Retain-it system quite often so there is a good chance it was the corners pieces that he has used.

We look forward to hearing about the projects you have going on around your house and garden and would encourage you to let us know any time you need assistance or had something to share with the community. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration on the site as our fantastic members are contributing their projects here every day.

Mitchell

Thanks @BillHarris & welcome on-board!
@MitchellMc is spot-on. There are a range of good, largely natural pond care products out there for both algae & bugs. When it comes to mozzies though best thing is moving water as they like it stagnant, so add a pump, and add some fish. There are some great native fish or just ask at your local pet store what they have that's suitable for ponds. Pretty much anything will eat mosquito wrigglers. Bear in mind though that most fish that eat wrigglers will also feed on frog-spawn & small tadpoles so worth being selective. Or just going the moving water option.

And forgot @BillHarris , the corners I used are Whites Retain-It in the new black finish. Can't find them on the Bunnings page but they do stock them. They make this sort of project so easy & neat.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects