Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Non-invasive native ground cover suggestions please

jeanette01
Getting Established

Non-invasive native ground cover suggestions please

I'm trying to I courage more wild birds into our acerage by growing flowering natives to our bird sanctuary area,but I need some ideas in NON invasive native ground overs.😀

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Green thumbs wanna B

Hi @jeanette01,

Welcome to Workshop. Many thanks for joining the community and for making your first post. I hope you find lots of useful information and advice here, and have some fun.

I've moved your post to the gardening board so that it's more visible to our keen garden lovers. We have many community members that love gardening, and I'm sure some of them will be happy to assist with suggestions about native ground cover. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Non-invasive native ground cover suggestions please

Hi again @jeanette01,

Just wanted to let you know that I've edited the title of your post so that Workshop members with knowledge in this area can more easily find your message and give you a hand.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CathD
Making a Splash

Whereabouts are you @jeanette01? I would plant grevilleas. Birds love them and they are beautiful, flowering for most of the year. Grevilleas are also fast growing and respond well to pruning so they can be kept neat if that your concern. Their roots are also shallow they are not invasive to pipes or lift paving etc. And of course there are many, many varieties. 

Grevillea-Poorinda-Royal-Mantle-MS2.jpg

bluebec
Building a Reputation

Grevillia - Bronze Rambler

I saw this beautiful ground cover at an open house last year on the outskirts of Ballarat.  If you can find it, I'd recommend it.

jeanette01
Getting Established

Thanks CathD,I also have some grevillea's I love them

Thanks Bluebec,Ive also heard of it & it spreads a fair way so I'm lead to believe,im hunting that one down

One suggestion from me - clover carpet - Kennedia carinata.

857915190_o.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects