Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Please help me save my citrus tree - leaves curling and scale

bm77
Getting Established

Please help me save my citrus tree - leaves curling and scale

9164653F-4213-47F8-B01E-26A00F383646.png

37085900-35A6-4122-ADE8-8B4F49E8FE99.jpeg

A175E7D8-D78A-40E8-8259-208421FF393A.png

FE59FA11-CBC2-4E5F-98C7-87B18EB89D3A.png

i was given a citrus tree (maybe orange), and have noticed leaf curling, scale, leaves are lighter in colour on top of tree. Only few ants seen, small black specs on leaves. There is new Leaf growth and small fruits growing. I’d love to save this tree, but have no idea what I need to do? I’d be so grateful for any advice, thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: please help me save my citrus tree

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bm77. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I believe Yates 750ml Ready To Use Natures Way Citrus And Ornamental Spray would be the go-to solution for most of the issues described. Let me mention the ever-helpful @Noelle and @Adam_W to confirm if this is an appropriate product or if there is a better option.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: please help me save my citrus tree

Hi @bm77 and @MitchellMc 

I think that's probably the most appropriate course of action for your citrus.  That and watch the watering - make sure the roots are moist and never too wet or too dry.  Pests like scale often attack trees that are weakened through other causes. At this time of the year, an application of citrus fertiliser will help strengthen your tree.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects