Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Raised Garden Beds (Installation and Surrounds)

Canolice
Getting Established

Raised Garden Beds (Installation and Surrounds)

I have 2 corregated raised garden beds (that I have just taken back from an ant colony) however when I installed them, I put newspaper down and left grass around them.

I am now looking for what is best to put around them (dont want to spend an arm and leg). I want something that I can easily wipper snipper around the edge of. Weather it be a wood boarder and filled with woodchips, rocks, etc. or pavers.

Area is about 2m x 8m with the gardens taking up a fair bit of this. (I think they are about 2.4 x .9)

Thanks in advance

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

Re: Raised Garden Beds (Installation and Surrounds)

Hi @Canolice,

With our beds I wasn't happy with snipping against the wood so I put down a single layer of pavers against the bed.  This serves 2 purposes of preserving the timber of the beds but also assists the mower.  I also put in some 12v uplights and this gives the garden some nice ambience at night.

WP_20170118_006.jpg

Hope this helps

Cheers'n'beers

Daryl

Thanks for sharling Daryl. Yours looks great. Mine are a little different to that. I should get out there tomorrow and take a photo to share, so you get the idea of mine. Thanks again.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sure other Workshop members will have suggestions for you @Canolice.

Other Workshop members that have raised garden beds include @John44@RodAndo@timjeffries@Brad and @Annette.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects