Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sad looking lawn in need of help

fiona2
Just Starting Out

Sad looking lawn in need of help

Hi All!  I am a newbie to the group and love reading through posts and gathering valuable information on gardening!

We moved into our new place last year and decided to plant our own grass via grass seeds. We started out with Kentucky blue seeds last Christmas but that didnt work, so we raked the soil and planted another round of Kentucky blue (which failed again). So we decided to go with the Fairway green lawn seeds from Bunnings and this is what we have ended up with. It has grown but is so patchy in areas and just looks like a total disaster. We have watered and fed the lawn (with Seasol and slow release fertiliser) and made sure to handpull all weeds, but it still hasnt worked...We are now stuck with this really patchy lawn, as we can't go back and install rolled grass.. :unhappy: Any help is greatly appreciated!
20181028_102736.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sad looking lawn in need of help

Hi @fiona2,

Sorry to read of your lawn troubles, but you've come to the right place for help. Let me tag lawn care expert @Adam_W who I'm sure would be happy to assist when he can. There's lots of helpful information from Adam and others in this previous discussion - How to improve your lawn this Spring. It would also be helpful if you let us know where you are based. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about your projects around the house and garden. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. We have many members happy to share their experience and knowledge. 

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects