Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Should I transplant violas?

brendawebster44
Making a Splash

Should I transplant violas?

Hi everybody, I am not having any luck with my flowering plants this year. First the snails and slugs had a smorgasbord of pansy’s so Eric told me to put the bait in the pot (I have a pup) and I think it is working. Plus I go out in the dark with my torch to catch them in the act.So satisfying to find some and relocate them to the nature strip. Now I have a big problem and am a bit stumped. Due to Bunnings being closed to the public I only saw photos online of seedlings..Now I have violas competing for sunlight due to the fact I planted them first in the middle of the pot. I was going to put them with something trailing so they would have had no problem.With all the confusion all I could get was pansies and of course they are towering over the violas now and I don’t know what to do. I have transplanted a few weak looking specimens to another pot with as much roots as possible. Do I leave well alone or do I continue to transplant?b🌺

291B4F12-CCA3-4CDF-8FB2-A960A7B99B33.jpeg

D19ABAAF-E8DA-4564-9EF0-12FB1869616E.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Should I transplant violas?

How did the other violas go that you transplanted @brendawebster44? If they survived, I'd recommend you transplant the rest. Not only are they struggling to reach the light, but you also can't really enjoy them as they are hidden.

Let us know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Should I transplant violas?

Hi Mitchell, thankyou for your reply. I did transplant two into a more friendly environment and then the worst winds and rain got to them before I could get them undercover. I went out today to see the damage and they are thriving!!! I believe they know I mean no harm and care so much for them. I will transplant the rest tomorrow.Thankyou again b🌺

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects