Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sick of weeds appearing in every nock and cranny?

Juliapinkiepie
Building a Reputation

Sick of weeds appearing in every nock and cranny?

IMG_20160929_101248.jpg
Juliapinkiepie
Building a Reputation

Re: Sick of weeds appearing in every nock and cranny?

I found a solution so simple that a bird could do it while flying and pooping simultaneously (literally)

Don’t bother using weed mats or evil chemicals. Just grow herbs. Generally speaking weeds will only grow where there’s space for them. Block their chance by growing herbs. I’ve got mint down the side gate, no more weeds

Note: Mint itself can go wild if you let it and take over everything. Still, better than weeds lol

greygardener
Becoming a Leader

Pouring boiling water over weeds can be an easy way to kill them in tricky spots. You do need to be careful with mint as it can get out of control. I prefer it in pots.

WIBS
Just Starting Out

I have mint (old fashioned and spear) growing wild and I love it!  You can hack away at it and it keeps on bouncing back - the smell of crushed mint is lovely, and it certainly stops the weeds from growing.  I also love freshly made mint sauce with my lamb and/or mushy peas!

I have to confess to using glyphosate on my weeds everywhere they pop up - there are thousands of paving bricks around my house, and so far, I haven't been able to persuade even the mint to block every crack... 😕

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects