Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Spiders balcony

ventodimare
Building a Reputation

Spiders balcony

Good morning. 

My balcony is filled with we cobs. I keep clean it but, in a couple of hours, the cobs show up again. The cobs are not just in the usual spots (eg corners, cracks) they are in between the branches of the plants in my pots (eg dahlias).I've checked and I don't believe there is a colony of spiders that requires disinfestation. 

In the internet, everyone has their own method (eg ammonia, mint mixed with water, electronic buzzers). Is there a professional product I can use? Or any other suggestion?

Thank you 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Spiders balcony

Hi @ventodimare,

To control spiders making webs around your balcony, I'd recommend PestXpert 2L Indoor / Outdoor Multi-Insect Contact And Residual Barrier Spray. If you spray it around the balcony in all the corners and cracks, it will leave a residual barrier controlling spiders. It also comes with a convenient extension nozzle for those hard to reach places.

I'd like to see some images of the webs on the plants if that is at all possible. Spider mites are commonly found on plants and create webs in the foliage. The webbing can normally be distinguished from that of a household spider as it is finer. The mites might be hard to see as they are quite small. If it is spider mites, then they can be controlled with Nature's Way Natrasoap or Eco Oil

If they are general household spiders making webs in the plants, then you can spray the webs away with a garden hose.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello,

thank you for your help.

1) Unfortunately the link you provided "PestXpert 2L Indoor / Outdoor Multi-Insect Contact And Residual Barrier Spray" navigates me to Bunnings website home page; I cannot find any items if I type "Xpert" in the search field. Am I missing something?

2) I have also possums issues (they destroy all my flowers) & birds sit on the balcony guardrail and eat my flowers too.

Is there an all-round product that keeps away spiders, various critters, possums birds etc.?

If not which product should I buy for possums & birds?

Thank you

Hi @ventodimare,

Here's a similar product to what I linked to previously: PestXpert 3L Pro Spray Outdoor Ready To Use Insecticide.

I am not aware of an all-round product, but Scat can be used to deter possums and birds.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects