Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

The $30 garden makeover...

Adam_W
Workshop Legend

The $30 garden makeover...

Thought this mini-makeover I did today might be of interest.
At the front of our place we've a bed either side of the steps & they've seen much better days. With our renovations I haven't done much with the yard so today I decided to freshen-up one side & will do the same with the other. These beds actually serve a purpose. They are raised mounds and stop water from flowing under the house, diverting it out the sides.

I didn't want to spend much on this as budgets are tight so I managed to get it done for $30...

The process...

- Carefully lifted the clumps of liriopes and agapanthus with a garden fork.

- Dragged the soil mound back towards the yard by about 30cm as over time it had crept downhill.

- Bought a 1/2 cubic meter of landscape soil from our local supplier for $30. That just fits nicely on my ute.

- Grabbed a ute-load (probably about 1.5cu/m) of mulch for free from our local Resource Recovery Centre (that the tip for us old timers...).

- Divided up the liriopes and replanted them along the front.

- Planted the top of the mound with pineapples that I have grown from pineapple tops and pups cut from our established plants.

Very satisfying way to spend a Sunday and I kept the CFO happy :wink:

IMG_5995.jpgIMG_5996.jpg

IMG_5994.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: The $30 garden makeover...

Fantastic work as always @Adam_W!

Nothing like a quick refresh to get an area looking amazing.

Thanks for sharing, we look forward to what you have planned next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects