Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Transplanting myrtle leap milkwort shrub

Suel8308
Just Starting Out

Transplanting myrtle leap milkwort shrub

I would like to know the best time of year to move this shrub. Do I need to prune it back?

Is there anything a need to add to the soil or feed it with?4AEBAF5E-79C7-476B-BC0A-B912AA4392A6.jpeg47492875-F17B-43FD-B090-15803B9027BF.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: transplanting

Thanks for posting @Suel8308 and a very warm welcome to Workshop. We're pleased to have you join us. Feel free to post whenever you need help or have something to share. 

Let me tag some of our resident gardening experts for you, such as @Branchy249@greygardener@Adam_W@robchin and @Noelle regarding your transplanting question. It might also be helpful if you let us know where you are based and what type of soil you have. I take it you don't know what type of plant it is?

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
robchin
Becoming a Leader

Hi @Suel8308,

Looks like a Polygala myrtifolia - known as Myrtle Leaf Milkwort. Looks like a healthy plant. If you have to move it - do it now (Winter) - don't wait too long. Spring is nearly on us. Cut it back by at least 1/3 all over (it will cope). Dig it out with as much soil on it as you can - this is crucial. Have the other hole ready to place it into and water it in with plant starter (seaweed product like Maxicrop).

Good luck.

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Hi @Suel8308,

Did you attempt the transplantation, how to you go?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects