Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Troubleshoot snake beans plant

Amalinaibrahim
Just Starting Out

Troubleshoot snake beans plant

hello fellow gardeners, any advice on how I can fix my snake bean plant. Attached photos. For some reasons, new leaves are all curled and small and I looked for any signs of pest but couldn’t see any. Transferred my plant to a new pot with fresh soil but no improvement. What am I doing wrong? 

2EA1A445-9897-40F5-93B6-58597C3D2B19.jpeg

19D987C8-C49A-4A80-8E44-D6F6D304E1AA.jpeg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Troubleshoot snake beans plant

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Amalinaibrahim. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Curling leaves can be caused by many problems, including insect damage, disease, under watering etc.

Do the beans receive midday sun and how regularly are you watering them?

Let me mention the knowledgeable @Noelle to see if she knows of any common afflictions that could be causing this issue.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Almost everyday watering frequency and definitely strong midday sun everyday. I live in Perth so we do get strong sun. I have been treating it with neem oil mix but still no improvement.

Amalina 

@Amalinaibrahim,

Many thanks for the additional details. You might want to avoid having them exposed to the full brunt of the midday sun. I know many of my plants are getting quite scorched in Sydney. 

Let me mention some more helpful gardening enthusiasts @mich1972, @Aussie-Garden and @Adam_W to see if they would like to join the conversation.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

@Amalinaibrahim 

Curling of the leaves looks like either Thrips damage or Mites damage. 
You can treat it with a product called Natursoap from Yates. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects