Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Variegated rhaphidophora tetrasperma

Adrian21
Getting Established

Variegated rhaphidophora tetrasperma

I have a variegated rhaphidophora tetrasperma I have it living in my grow tent mimicking high humidity and sun etc . Just wanted your opinion on the health of it a few pictures attached of top of leaf and underside. @Noelle @Adam_W 

IMG-20210228-WA0026.jpeg

20210311_184457.jpg

20210311_184456.jpg

20210311_184448.jpg

  

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Variegated rhaphidophora tetrasperma

Let me tag @MitchellMc to see if he might be able to offer a diagnosis.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Adrian21,

Looking at the first picture, your leaf looks particularly healthy. However, it's a bit hard to judge the plant's overall health under your grow lights. Would you mind showing us some images of the whole plant in natural light?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I had it in the grow tent since then I have taken it out due to it getting sunburnt a bit. But here is the plant and leaf. It had a few leaves with smaller variegation which I'm trying to propagate aswell but this had the most so I cut it back to the node to encourage it to variegate more from here. So @MitchellMc what's your prognosis.20210314_113808.jpg

20210314_113857.jpg

20210314_113851.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Adrian21,

How long ago did you cut it back to the node, and what does your watering regime comprise? It's looking relatively healthy apart from the obvious sunburn that you've picked up on. It appears you have some well-draining mix there, and it would need adequate watering to keep up with the mix drying out. Perhaps you might like to place a shallow saucer under it to keep some additional moisture in the pot.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Adrian21 

I'd suspect sunburn either direct through the grow tent or through water sitting on the leaf, especially if it's the top of the plant where it is most exposed. I don't think it is disease. It looks more like damage of some sort, most likely sun.

Adrian21
Getting Established

I took it out of the sun. I've let the medium dry out a bit as it looked a bit wet hopefully this will help. Thanks again

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects