Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Vertical garden

LMARTIN93
Just Starting Out

Vertical garden

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone out there got experience/recommendations in putting together a vertical herb garden? I have seen the Holman Vertical Mobile Garden which i think would be good, if anyone has used one i would be keen to know the quality? I am in an apartment so can’t do anything fixed/permanent. 

I know absolutely nothing about plants but use a lot of herbs in my cooking and figured it would be cheaper to put together a herb garden than keep buying it from the supermarket! 7B4D378F-CA0E-400E-826B-D6F0512E3032.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Vertical garden

Hi @LMARTIN93,

Welcome to the community. We're pleased to have you as one of our latest Workshop members and look forward to seeing more of your projects and plans. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Vertical gardens are certainly very popular and often used to enliven an otherwise dull fence. Wonderful examples from Workshop members previously shared include a vertical herb gardengrape tin herb garden, a hanging herb garden and @kel’s amazing vertical garden with built-in watering system. I'm sure members will be happy to provide advice and suggestions for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @LMARTIN93,

Just wondering if you've made any progress with this project? 

I thought I'd also tag a few members that might be able to assist - @Kellie@CathM and @Isobel.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kellie
Making a Splash

Just have a go. You can't really go wrong. I see very cheap herb pots all the time that really don't cost more than a bunch of herbs from the supermarket.

At this time of year you could try things like parsley, chives, mint, thyme and even corriander. It's a little easier to start with seedlings but you can even grow from seed inside using something like this - https://www.bunnings.com.au/jiffy-12-pellet-windowsill-greenhouse_p2961312

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects