Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Washing line step stones

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Washing line step stones

Laundry.JPG

Short post (due to lack of photos) - One of the first outdoor projects my wife & I did. The area underneath our eaves were mostly dirt and would sometimes be muddy when we were hanging things out to dry or bringing them in. We travelled to Bunnings to get our materials and came back and completed this the same day: 

Step 1 - Dig out the area, ensure there is no grass of weeds. 
Step 2 - Place weed matt down, we cut it around the drain hole.
Step 3 - Mix a small amount of concrete and place that around the edges, and where the circle step stones are going, the garden edging and step stones are then placed on top. 
Step 4 - Place Sand on top of the dirt area. 
Step 5 - Place pebbels over the top of Sand. 

The area has still held up two years later and makes life easier especially during our QLD weather events (no more dirt feet!), our dogs also hate walking on the stones so there's never any poop or pee under it now, so that's a plus 😅.

Remarka6le
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Washing Line Step Stones

Hello @Remarka6le

Thank you very much for sharing this fantastic project. Adding stepping stones and pebbles really do make a difference. I wish I had thought of this in my last property, we were forever trying to avoid the muddy part of the washing line area. We did eventually cover the area with concrete, but I believe this is a much more earth-friendly solution as water still drains through the soil.

Again, thank you for sharing such a wonderful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects