Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What does the description of Skin Only mean?

LJC
Just Starting Out

What does the description of Skin Only mean?

Ozito cordless Equipment

RSS
Cultivating a Following

Re: What does the description of Skin Only mean?

Skin Only means it is only the tool (and tool accessories), no battery or charger is supplied. If you buy a Skin Only tool, you will either need to already own or purchase a battery and charger separately.
Buying Skin Only can be handy when purchasing multiple tools from the same brand range/series like Ozito PXC range and Ryobi's One+ range of tools. You can purchase one, two, or three... batteries and x number of chargers for all your tools, regardless of how many tools you have. This can save you $$$ both in the short and long term by not purchasing unnecessary chargers or batteries.
I would recommend having at least two batteries and one charger, so one battery can be charging, while you use the other. It all depends on how much and length of time you use that battery for before being able to recharge it.

In simple terms...

skin only = tool only

kit = tool, battery and charger.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What does the description of Skin Only mean?

Hi @LJC,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and plenty of project inspiration for around the house and garden from our wonderful members.

It's great to see you have received a comprehensive and helpful reply from Workshop member @RSS. Let us know if you have any follow-up questions. You might also be interested in the guide Essential power tools for D.I.Y. beginners and beyond by @Peggers

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a project to share. We're here to help. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects