Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is eating my Camellia leaves?

cc1002
Cultivating a Following

What is eating my Camellia leaves?

Hi there,

These camellia  leaves were whole when I purchased it last year. But now some of them only half left. I feel the leaves are quite hard for bugs to eat, can anyone tell me what caused this? Thanks.

2B3024FE-E5E0-464B-94EA-9439BC9D56C8.jpeg7F785B54-325E-4CB5-B826-849BE8B06DAD.jpeg7F964E54-F008-400C-BE9A-1AD16FB107DA.jpeg47DBF096-A916-4410-BCA0-EF7937325672.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What is eating my Camellia leaves?

Hi @Dino14,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get plenty of helpful advice and inspiring ideas for all your projects from our wonderful members.

Just to add to Eric's reply, we have a popular Best Advice article on How do you keep possums away? that I would encourage you to read.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cc1002
Cultivating a Following

Not other animals, definitely possums, there are 3 camellias in my garden, only 2 of them were eaten by possums, I presume these two taste better.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @cc1002 

I definitely suggest using bird netting along with some bamboo framing to protect your remaining Camelia leaves from attack. 

If you run into any other issues, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for your reply Eric, I will look out for the possums. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects