Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this on my leaves?

Rach23
Building a Reputation

What is this on my leaves?

5F0686D1-3D0A-4BFF-B780-22ED95B6A8F3.jpeg

Does anyone know what these are on the leaf? Looks like eggs? But I can’t find any bugs crawling on the plant that would be responsible for it. Noticed lots of ants crawling over the plants though so something has attracted the ants 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: what is this?

Hi @Rach23,

Sorry to see your plant is having some trouble.

Let me tag a few of our gardening experts @Noelle @LisasGarden @MitchellMc who can help. Just note that @MitchellMc will be back on the site on Friday.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LisasGarden
Making a Splash

Looks like scale to me from the picture. The ants feed on the honey dew from the scale. You can then end up with sooty mould as well. You can control the scale with something like eco oil. Just make sure you don’t spray on a hot day. 

Yes, agree completely with @LisasGarden. Scale. Check undersides of leaves as well and make sure to apply eco or white oil to both sides of all leaves.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Rach23,

It's great to see you've already received helpful replies from both @LisasGarden and @Noelle. I trust their suggestion of using eco oil will solve your issue. 

Please let us know how you go and if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects