Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this weed in my Buffalo lawn?

Awal
Finding My Feet

What is this weed in my Buffalo lawn?

IMG_0228.jpeg

IMG_0227.jpeg

hi there 

 over the last few weeks this grass has started to come through my buffalo. I has some patches of winter grass that I killed off but this has come through quite aggressively. Any ideas how to kill off ? I have used Yates buffalo weed and feed twice in the last month . 

IMG_0226.jpeg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: whats this weed in my buffalo

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Awal. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about maintaining a buffalo lawn.

From your images, I can't really identify another type of grass apart from the Buffalo. In your first image, it appears to be a Buffalo runner. In the second, entirely Buffalo, with some new growth, and in the third, once again, it just looks like the new growth of Buffalo, which is expected after coming out of dormancy.

If the concern is the runner in the first image, that's entirely normal for Buffalo and is how it spreads out.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: whats this weed in my buffalo

Thank you 

It looked different than previous season new growth and it grew upwards rather than as a runner but will let it grow … go baby buffalo go! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects