Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What plants to grow in planters and pot?

notshyofeffort
Cultivating a Following

What plants to grow in planters and pot?

Hi friends I recently renovated these planters and pots (with guidance from workshop).

I am trying to decide what should I grow in these planters - I am looking for something flowering with fragrance but not too much hassle. Planters are in our deck and do get decent sun year round. 

One of the plants I am thinking is Lavender - it can be pruned as I don't want the plants to be too big as well. One pot has Scarlett Sage (I believe, it was in a shaded area and did well I am hoping it will bloom in this spot) still not sure of other one what to grown in that.

DSC_0376.JPG

I will reapply appreciate inputs on this. I am in Sydney (Chatswood).

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What plants to grow in planters & pot

Hi @notshyofeffort,

I think a beautiful standard rose would look spectacular in one or both of those ornate pots. You could then replant your Scarlett Sage in the planters alongside some other Salvias

Another thought, perhaps you could consider some Spring flowering bulbs. You should find this guide useful: How to plant spring flowering bulbs

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you choose.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What plants to grow in planters & pot

Hi @MitchellMc  

I have planted Rose and will transplant in another one. I was able to get Kalanchoe, Lavender at bargains from local Bunnings as stores around Sydney were closing down from a plants point of view. 

This is how it looks, let us see how these plants perform.

CheersDSC_0390[1].JPG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects