Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What's this plant?

AndreaNg
Having an Impact

What's this plant?

Mystery.JPG
AndreaNg
Having an Impact

Re: What's this plant?

Could anyone please tell me what this plant is? It is in a neighbour's garden and looks great.

Trying
Making a Splash

Hi @AndreaNg I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be a Euphorbia. Good luck with your search- maybe you could introduce yourself to your neighbour and ask about it. Gardeners are a happy lot and I find them willing to share their knowledge in most cases. Cheers.

AndreaNg
Having an Impact

Thank you so much @Trying.

It looks like it is called Euphorbia wulfenii.

Grandy
Cultivating a Following

Hi this is most definately Euphorbia wulfenii and is an amazing feature plant if used as the central planting with other bright varients around it.
If you google this plant and spend some time looking through the results you will learn much about it, in particular  what plants work well with it.

It is also good as a potted feature with little maintenance required once established

robchin
Becoming a Leader

Hi Angela.

Concur. Euphorbia wulfenii - sometimes called a WinterGreen Spurge. The Euphorbia (or Spurge) genus of plants is one of the biggest groups of plants in the world and includes the Poinsettias that we all buy at Christmas time. Interestingly, I understand the name Spurge comes from the French 'espurge' which means to exude - it's a reference to an ancient practise (that I certainly wouldn't reccomend) of using the milky sap as a laxative to purge the body. Just a cautionary warning.

brendaw
Finding My Feet

It is euphorbia, looks lovely , but deadly to bidrs and fish, I had it growing not far from my fish pond , when it throws it's seeds , he plant makes a popping sound and the seeds can end up 4 or so metres from where it is planted. Unfortunatly some of the seeds ended up in the fish pond and I lost quite a lot of fish. I googled the plant to find out what the go was and descovered just how deadly the seeds are. Be very careful where you plant it.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects