Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What type of grass do I have?

cehenry
Just Starting Out

What type of grass do I have?

IMG_2067.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2069.jpeg

IMG_2070.jpeg

Hello,

I bought a house earlier this year and would like to know what sort of lawn I have. I live in Tasmania.

There are currently a lot of dead patches  in my lawn, so I would also appreciate any advice on how to repair the lawn and look after it in the future.

Thank you for your help!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What type of grass do I have?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cehenry. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about lawn care.

If the rest of the lawn is in a similar condition, there doesn't appear to be much left. You could consider improving the soil by aerating and adding additional topsoil and then re-seeding or removing what's there and re-turfing. Here are some helpful guides: How to aerate your lawn, How to grow grass from seed and How to lay turf.

It's a bit hard to tell what the lawn type is; it could just be a selection of thin-bladed grass used for infilling areas. Could also be couch or fesque.

Regarding looking after a lawn, I'm sure you'll find this guide useful: How to take care of your lawn.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects