Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

backyard do up

staffymama
Getting Established

backyard do up

Sorry I have another project on the list of things to do around the house. Currently this is our borring back yard and we really would like to do something to make it more like a "garden" as such! Bearing in mind it would have to be pet friendly. We were thinking perhaps some type of dog looking play equipment etc for them, but also having some type of plants too.  This yard is on a slope too.  

16007466669393833953026701754913.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: backyard do up

Hi @staffymama,

That's a large area to convert into a garden and no doubt overwhelming. I'd encourage you to break it down into sections and work on a theme and elements you wish to incorporate. Once several sections have been completed your garden will come together. The best place is to start with a plan. Yates has a fantastic and free online garden planner to get you started.

Some great articles on the community are:

We also have many step-by-step D.I.Y. articles on how to create a garden on our website worth checking out.

Some previous discussions you might find of interest are:

We look forward to seeing some plans for the space and I'm excited to see what you will be able to do with it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
staffymama
Getting Established

Great awesome thanks ill check it out. 

Thank you for your help. 

Hey @staffymama as @MitchellMc said have a read through that stuff. Should hopefully be some useful info in there.
Single biggest tip... have an overall plan but break it all up in doable projects. Bite-sized chunks if you will.
This avoids the whole thing becoming too overwhelming and that situation where you 1/2 unfinished projects on the go at once.
Good Luck! Keep us updated & drop a post I've you need any help :smile:

staffymama
Getting Established

Yes, awesome will be definitely having a nose at some great ideas here. 

Thanks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects