Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

garden bed on balcony without staining tiles?

ffr
Just Starting Out

garden bed on balcony without staining tiles?

I want to buy a garden bed for my balcony but I’m worried about it staining or ruining the tiles. What is a way I can prevent this? 

(the one I’m looking to buy is 120x90x30cm)

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: garden bed on balcony without staining tiles?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ffr. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

If you are concerned about the dirt washing out and staining your tiles then I would recommend drain matting being laid in the bed first and the soil placed on top. The drain matting will filter out the majority of debris and minimise the staining to your tiles. You might want to consider not using fertiliser like Seasol that have a distinctive colouring as they too could stain the tiles.

Sealing your tiles will also stop containments impregnating the grout lines and you could use Davco 500ml Sanitized Tile And Grout Sealer to do so.

We look forward to seeing your new garden bed and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need further assistance with it.

Please let me know if you had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects