Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

raised garden beds using I.B.C Pod containers.

decca
Just Starting Out

raised garden beds using I.B.C Pod containers.

HI.Has anyone here heard or seen self sustained raised garden beds made using I.B.C Plastic Pods/Totes?I am a new member and have heard about this being done in Aussie.I have 4 of these pods and want to put them to good use instead of getting rid of them.Regards Derek.31-IBC-Fish-Tank.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: raised garden beds using I.B.C Pod containers.

Hi Derek (@decca),

Looks like a clever set-up. Thanks for joining in the discussion. I hope Workshop members have some useful suggestions for you. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading about more of your projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have a new project to share.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CathD
Making a Splash

Are you planning on setting up an aquaponics system or just using the containers as more traditional garden beds @decca?

You might be interested in this discussion from @Dale: https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garden/Experimenting-with-Aquaponics/m-p/2909

Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

@decca

Sophie Thomson featured IBCs cut in half and adapted to make raised garden beds recently. See http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/factsheets/wicking-works/9652718

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to have you as part of the Workshop community @Noelle. Many thanks for joining in the discussion. With your amazing knowledge and experience, I'm sure the community will really benefit from your input. I hope you enjoy contributing and also learn a thing or two!

Welcome aboard,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects