Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

rolling garden seat

Tinyfeather60
Growing in Experience

rolling garden seat

How to make a rolling garden seat as I can’t bend my knees to garden

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: rolling garden seat

Welcome to the Workshop community @Tinyfeather60. I'd be happy to provide some ideas.

There are a variety of garden carts available that the sides fold down on. These would be perfect as you can transport gardening materials to where you need to work, then you would simply fold down the side and you have a bench. Perhaps a cushion would make it more comfortable if sitting for an extended period of time.

Another option would be the Craftright Creeper Stool. The wheels on this stool would be more suited to paved areas possibly sinking into the grass.

The Cyclone Foldable Seat Kneeler also turns into a portable seat. It doesn't have wheels but is a lightweight solution to needing to sit around the garden.

I hope some of these ideas are helpful. If you had something else in mind for a rolling garden bench, I'd be happy to come up with a solution.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Grub80
Making a Splash

Re: rolling garden seat

Hi @Tinyfeather60 , I too use a rolling seat in my garden, and have repurposed an old computer chair on wheels. I actually took the back rest off, and also recovered the seat with a stronger material. The seat has been in use for over 5 years, I can move it around when I want, it’s very sturdy and moveable. Good luck with yours. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects