Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

rustic railway sleeper garden bed

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

rustic railway sleeper garden bed

Now the the majority of my backyard is done (perfect timing for summer entertaining), it's time to turn my focus to the front. Ticked my first task off the list over the weekend.

So 450kg worth of railway sleepers, plenty of splinters and a sore back later, this is v1 of the garden makeover. There's still work to do to get the right plants in there (those potted ones have got to go) and obviously fill with some quality soil and mulch. Once that's done, I'll update pics (should be this weekend).

PS That red wine coloured door and wall will get a makeover in the not too distant future.

Before

gardenb1.jpggardenb3.jpg

After (obviously)

gardena1.jpg

gardena2.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: rustic railway sleeper garden bed

Hi @ProjectPete,

You can find @Trying's question about her sleepers here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor-Living/Sleeper-with-the-enemy-I-m-the-enemy/m-p/4932

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Jason for passing on the site section of my question to Project Pete. Guess I was having "sleeper practice" not to think of it . I love this site-thanks for the opportunity to be a part of the knowledge-sharing and the fun.Cheers.

Hi Project Pete, I'm not in possession of a drop-saw and would prefer another option. Have been lucky enough to get replies from other workshoppers which seem more do-able ( don't know if that's even a word !) for me, but would love you to put your oar in the water too if you would. Knowledge is infectious ! I can feel this project gathering speed as I type. Thanks in advance. Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects