Workshop
Ask a question

How to remove acrylic paint from plastic mesh..

Prof
Becoming a Leader

How to remove acrylic paint from plastic mesh..

I recently and unknowingly splashed some acrylic paint onto some polyester mesh..The type that's used for outside screens..

The paint has absorbed into the mesh and dried...

Does anyone know how to remove the dried paint from the screen?

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: How to remove acrylic paint from plastic mesh..

@Prof, you're in luck, Isopropyl Alcohol will do the trick, & it's readily available, but there are different levels of purity, ranging from as low as 70%, & all the way to 100% pure.

Bunnies stock it, but don't give details of its purity/concentration on their semi-useless website, but this time, it isn't their fault, even the manufacturer's website doesn't disclose it in their data sheet. :unhappy: to :angry:

Not to worry, eBay has listings that are cheap, quote 100% purity, bottled or spray application, plus delivery is very reasonable & fast.

Do an eBay search for Isopropyl Alcohol, you'll see what's available & be able to work out a useful quantity.

Isopropyl Alcohol is actually pretty handy stuff, with many uses, it's brilliant for preparing surfaces for applying double sided tape etc. Google is your friend, but be warned, Americans refer to it as Rubbing Alcohol. :wink:

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: How to remove acrylic paint from plastic mesh..

Thanks Andy_ Mann I'll check out eBay for it ..Good to know that it will also be good for preparing surfaces for applying double sided tape..
I have some cable ducting to stick up on the wall shortly..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects