Workshop
Ask a question

How to connect Devanti Benchtop Dishwasher to sink?

munish_jain93
Just Starting Out

How to connect Devanti Benchtop Dishwasher to sink?

1000133921.jpg

1000133922.jpg

 Hi,

I have this type of tap and want to connect to the dishwasher's 3/4(inch) connector. I have gone through your both answers. Which is the accurate product for this. Also, If you can suggest something where I can use my tap for both Dishwasher and normal use. Thank you.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Devanti Benchtop Dishwasher installation to sink

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @munish_jain93. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a benchtop dishwasher.

Due to the variety of thread types on taps, you'll need an adaptor to suit your tap. The hose to the machine has a 3/4 inch coarse thread adaptor, and your tap has a fine thread. Products like this Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit can help you adapt from a fine to a coarse thread. However, since you still want to use the tap, it would be difficult to take it on and off when needed. If you check out this discussion on Benchtop dishwasher tap connections you'll see some methods our members have used to create a quick connect setup. Bear in mind that quick connect setups have, over the last couple of years, become non-compliant, and you'll note that we have discontinued the supply of many of them that did not meet the new standards. 

If in doubt, I'd encourage you to enlist the services of a plumber to install your dishwasher.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects