Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a ceiling fan?

GlennC
Finding My Feet

How to replace a ceiling fan?

Replaced old minstral fan NO light,big switch(photo)with Claro fan,light and remote,simple swap?3 wires into old switch,live neutral and reverse?3 for new fan live,neutral and ground from roof,reverse wire from switch not added and taped off,light working fine,fan arcs like it has been reversed and stops.any direction before I put big holes all through the roof,Cheers Glenn.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: replacing ceiling fan.

Hi @GlennC,

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide advice on tasks involving high-voltage electrical systems. I must caution that 240V work is to be handled by a licensed electrician due to safety concerns. Attempting it yourself poses risks. I strongly recommend hiring a professional to ensure the job is done safely and up to code. Your safety is a top priority.

If you need help finding a reliable electrician in your area, it would be best to look towards services such as hipages and Airtasker.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects