Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen renovation feedback wanted

TinaE
Getting Established

Kitchen renovation feedback wanted

Hi,
We are in the middle of getting our floor plan finalised before we start our build.
This is what our builder has proposed, the living and dining space is being pushed out by 3.5m and the laundry is moving to the garage.
My only query here is do you think the kitchen now looks out of proportion with the extension? We had originally thought that the laundry would turn into a walk in pantry but now looking at it on the floor plan, it looks like the kitchen is too small in relation the extension and the WIP doesn't look like it makes sense. Any suggestions for how we make the kitchen feel in proportion to the extension would be great. Thanks!
Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 11.19.29 am.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-07 at 11.21.29 am.png
AnitaP
Having an Impact

Re: Kitchen renovation feedback wanted

My 2cents. I would personally put the laundry in the garage. Washing machines can get very noisy. Mine is near my kitchen and living and it is terrible if you're trying to talk or watch TV.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects