Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. fireplace

cookerr
Finding My Feet

D.I.Y. fireplace

A little weekend project building a fireplace 

20220702_132657.jpg

20220626_194101.jpg

20220625_145003.jpg

20220625_143243.jpg

  

sandy_d
Amassing an Audience

Re: fireplace

@cookerr Welcome to the workshop community and thank you for your entry. 
What an amazing and cosy fireplace you’ve created. 
I know many workshop members would like to know how to achieved the frame for your fireplace. We would love to hear more about your fantastic project. 
Best of luck with your entry and we look forward to seeing more projects 😊

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: D.I.Y. fireplace

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cookerr. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this lovely project.

You've certainly done an excellent job of incorporating the unit with a stylish frame. As @sandy_d mentioned, we'd be keen to hear more about the structure behind the panelling. Was it difficult to install, how long did this project take and were there any issues you ran into?

I trust your installation will provide any members considering something similar with some fantastic inspiration.

We look forward to hearing all about the other projects around your home and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cookerr
Finding My Feet

Re: D.I.Y. fireplace

Hi,

Thanks for your message, there were definitely a few challenges with limited tools at home, for example carefully using a specific wood drill bit to carve out the recesses for the magnets to fit into for the removable panel where the heat comes out at the top of the fireplace. With a 6mm depth needed from a 10mm deep panel, there's not much room for error!
Also the frame sits on 4 internal legs which sit on the top of the actual fire to give stability, and negate the need to attach/drill into the wall. The removable glass panel on the front of the fire keeps the surround secure and nicely pushed against the wall.

If you've any other questions, happy to help!

Thanks

20220711_190751.jpg

20220711_190755.jpg

20220711_190807.jpg

20220711_190812.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects