Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach entertainment unit to the wall?

prakash260
Getting Established

How to attach entertainment unit to the wall?

Hi Team,

I am trying to hang tv unit to wall, I am trying to understand what screws I need to use to mount as I was considering toggles but not sure whether it’s the correct screws or not.

thanks I’m advance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: wall hanging Tv Unit in a steel frame

Hi @prakash260,

Could you please let us know the weight of your TV? Typically, you should attach your wall mount bracket directly to the timber studs or brickwork. This provides a solid connection and makes sure the bracket cannot be torn off the wall. If this is a very lightweight TV and the manual of your TV bracket allows it, you could potentially mount it onto the plasterboard, but I wouldn't recommend that if at all possible. For example, this SANUS 42" - 90" Tilting TV Wall Mount Bracket only provides specifications for installing it onto your timber studs or into the brickwork. The manufacturer does not recommend installing it onto the plasterboard. If there are no timber studs in the correct position to attach onto, then you can add bridging batons or a backing plate between the studs. Have a look at this discussion for further details: How to wall-mount a heavy 75-inch 40kg TV.

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to install a TV wall mount. We also offer an installation service for our TV wall brackets. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc 

Thanks for replying. I am not seeking for Mounting Tv rather I should have mentioned it as TV unit (joinery) the unit below TV.

please let me know if I haven’t confused you anymore.

All good, @prakash260. I thought that might have been what you were after. For what purposes do you want to fix the unit to the wall? Is it required in the instructions for safety to stop it from tipping forward? Or is this a floating unit that doesn't touch the floor? 

Ideally it's the same scenario where you'd want to fix directly into the studs if possible. That's always a more secure mounting point than plaster. If you can provide more details on the unit you need to fix to the wall and why, then we'll have a better understanding of what fixtures and method of attachment would suit.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects