Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix scratch on timber floor?

hisumesh
Cultivating a Following

How to fix scratch on timber floor?

IMG_0602-2.jpeg

Hi

There is scratch on my timber floor as can be seen. Is there anyway this can be fixed or if it can be lightened? Colour of the timber is more yellowish than can be seen in the attached image.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a scratch on timber floor

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hisumesh. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a scratch in flooring.

Can you tell whether this is a scratch in the floor that has had grime build up within it or if it is actually a mark on your floor? It looks suspiciously like a mark as opposed to a scratch. In either case, I'd suggest trying to clean it with a damp cloth and a drop of dishwashing detergent. If it is a mark, which I suspect it might be, you could try an eraser pad. It actually looks very much like a mark from a lead pencil; any small children in the house? If it's a scratch that has depth to it, you can try using a beeswax filler stick to add a lighter colour into it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
hisumesh
Cultivating a Following

Hi @MitchellMc 

Thank you very much for the response.You are correct. It was indeed a mark. Detergent and damp washing cloth did the trick. Thanks a lot mate.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@hisumesh

No worries mate, it's what I do! 😃 👍

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects